7th & 8th GRADES
Excel at School
- Be there: Show up each and every day ready to learn and participate.
- Involve: Getting involved in and out of school will help you become the leader your community needs. Extracurricular activities, activities outside class requirements, will give you an opportunity to explore interests that might lead to a career.
- Go for the grades: Learn effective study skills. Grades matter on college and scholarship applications. Middle school is the time to ensure you are putting your best efforts into your work.
- Encourage positive work habits that stress the importance of education
- Become involved in school
- Acknowledge effort and success
- Provide a place conducive to study, and provide help as needed
- Encourage extracurricular activities in and out of school
- Recognize that opportunities to learn never end
Source: The National Association for College Admission Counseling
- College and Career Ready: What It Means for Middle School Students
- Seven Steps to Succeeding in Middle School
- Step by Step: College Awareness and Planning