FRESHMEN & SOPHOMORES:
Fund Your Education
- Talk with your family about how much you need to save for college. Use the College Savings Calculator to get an idea of where you are compared with your savings goal.
- The cost of a college education should not discourage you. Attend financial aid seminars hosted by your school or other local schools.
- Discover what resources are available to pay for college at studentaid.gov/understand-aid/types.
- Read about the differences between grants, loans, work-study, and scholarships.
- Attend financial aid presentations at your school.
- Look into a SEED scholarship, which covers your tuition at Delaware Technical Community College or the University of Delaware’s Associate in Arts Program. You need at least a 2.5 GPA to qualify.
- Consider the Inspire scholarship at Delaware State University, which pays at least $3,900 per year toward tuition. You need a 2.75 GPA to qualify for Inspire.